Security service workers monitor, patrol and guard property and protect people. In Alberta, you must be licensed to work as a:
- security guard
- patrol dog handler
- alarm responder
- loss prevention worker
The security service licensing fee is $100. Your licence is valid for 2 years.
The renewal process is the same as the initial application. Your individual licence is portable. This means your licence is still valid if you change employers or if you work for multiple employers.
To apply for a license you must:
- be over 18 years old
- be eligible to work in Canada
- be fluent in English
- have no criminal record
- have no outstanding criminal charges
- not be the subject of a criminal investigation
All security service workers must:
- successfully complete an approved security training course
- score 80% or higher on the provincial final exam
There are 2 approved training courses. Take either the:
- Alberta Basic Security Training Course, or
- Accredited Basic Security Training Course
After you’ve successfully completed your final exam with a score of 80% or higher, you’ll get your training certificate by mail within one week.
Call Us for more details: 1-888-401-9555
Reference by: https://www.alberta.ca/security-service-worker-licence.aspx