After Passing an Exam Successfully:
At once you have successfully completed the Alberta Basic Security Training (ABST) course your certificate will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 business days from the Alberta Security Programs (Solicitor General).
You are now ready to apply for a security license in Alberta. Please find the Individual License Application Form and Guide attached and read carefully. Submit the form to Security Programs.
- Complete all sections of the “Individual License Application” form download TYPE in PDF OR PRINT AND USE CAPITALS ONLY from Government Alberta Website
- Sign both part 5 and 6 of the form
- Have a member of the police service, peace officer or commissioner of oaths employed by the police service sign the back of your passport size photo. (like from London Drugs, Photo Studio etc)
- Get an employment police information check (PIC), must include CPIC, Vulnerable sector and local database. Address for Police Background Check (you can get Same Day at this location)Police Information Check Section (14315 118 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5L 4S6)
- Must include photocopies of both sides of two ggovernment-issuedidentifications (like Alberta ID, Passport, Work Permit, PR Card etc).
- Provide photocopies of proof of training certificate.
- Pay your Licence fee by Bank Draft in the title to “Government of Alberta” or Make Online Payment (Click Here)
- Submit your application with appropriate fees $100 for 2 year security license, $160 for 2 year investigator license and all additional documents to:
If you need to contact Alberta Security Programs directly:
You may also use an approved Registry Office to submit your application and receive a 60-day temporary license. A copy of your official Certificate of Completion is required in order to use a Registry Office. It typically takes approximately 2 weeks to receive your Certificate of Completion from the Solicitor General’s Office in the mail. To access a list of the approved Registry Offices, please click here .