Individuals who obtain a provincial license after taking this course may be employed in one of the following positions:
- Professional Investigator
- Fraud Investigator
Each participant will be provided with a course Participant Manual which complements the course materials and exercises which make up this course.
Upon successful completion of the 60 hours or more investigator training course an individual will be eligible to write the mandatory provincial exam.
- Module 1: Introduction to the Investigation Industry
- Module 2: Professionalism and Ethics
- Module 3: Health and Safety
- Module 4: Law and the Canadian Legal System
- Module 5: Use of Force
- Module 6: Investigations
- Module 7: Communications and Report Writing
- Module 8: Specialized Investigations
- Module 9: Business of Investigation
To apply for a licence you must:
- be over 18 years old
- be eligible to work in Canada
- be fluent in English
- have no criminal record
- have no outstanding criminal charges
- not be the subject of a criminal investigation
- You will have to complete the AIT Online Final Exam with 80%, After that, you will go on to register for your solicitor General Written Exam at Central Protection Services Exam Centre with the confidence of knowing that you have the knowledge base to pass.
- Students your Online certificate not acceptable for licensing purposes. The student must successfully complete the AIT Ministry exam and wait for their Ministry issued certificate before applying for their license.
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 9
- Duration 60 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1335
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes